Introducing the Blade Truck Mounted Attenuator (TMA), an attenuator uniquely stowed in an entirely vertical fashion on the back of your truck. The BLADE TMA is stowed at 12 feet, 11 inches in height. Additionally, the BLADE TMA is deployed at 19 feet and 4 inches, making it longer than the majority of other attenuators currently available.
The width of the Blade TMA is similar to the majority of other trucks available on the market today. For safety precautions, the attenuator is designed in a way that it is not less than the width of the body of the truck, to ensure that an impacting vehicle will not hit the corner of the body of the truck, causing death or serious injury upon impact.
The Blade TMA was designed and built using the latest impact reducing technology. This unique construction utilizes 12 blades that cut through the aluminum body, allowing for the modular design to crumple, and be directed away for the impact vehicle.
- Only available MASH approved TMA to reduce impact g-force within the preferred value of 15G acc.
- Optionally tested at a higher rate of speed than required by MASH and passed at 70mph.
- Innovative design redirects direction of impacting vehicle away from “coffin corner” at the rear of work truck.
- Fast deployment, can be deployed within 20 seconds and while moving at speeds of 50mph, maintaining safety and optimizing efficiency.
- Utilized special mounting bracket allowing for the TMA to be moved from truck to truck within 10 minutes.
- Vertical transport position allows for no loading space lost, unlike fold over attenuator, and open design allows for less wind drag.
BLADE TMA Specifications
- Transport Height: 12 ft. 11 in.
- Installation Length, Excl. Bracket: 19ft. 4in.
- Width: 7 ft. 6.7 in.
- Level System: 7ft. 6.7in +/ 4 degrees